Try this first
If above solution does not work another solution
- Win XP SP2
- re-install MSDTC
- Create IIS packages (optional, sometimes it works fine without doing this)
- Login as administrator account.
- Create a System Restore point (start->programs->accessories->system tools->system restore)
- make sure that local user accounts IUSR_MYSHECXXXXXD, IWAM_MYSHECXXXXXD are not locked/disabled
- click on start -> run type "services.msc"
- Stop and disable the following services
- Closer services MMC and restart the machine.
- Open command prompt type the command %WINDIR%\System32\msdtc.exe uninstall
- Open Registry Editor and then remove the following keys if they exist:
- Open command Prompt and type %WINDIR%\System32\msdtc.exe install
- Once this task is performed properly, start the service COM+ event System as automatic
- Open registry editor and create a registry key (NOT A VALUE)
- Type the following command in Command prompt
- You will receive a message that DllRegisterServer in Mtxoci.dll succeeded.. Click Ok and Restart the machine.
- Login as administrator account and type the command in Command prompt %WINDIR%\System32\msdtc.exe resetlog
- Open control panel->administrative tools->component services.
- Double click on component services , expand to component services->computers->my computer ->COM+ Applications
- You should be able to expand all the nodes in this window without any errors. If in case you get errors follow the below steps , else restart IIS with "iisrest" command and reboot the machine and check for http://localhost/
- If COM+ navigator throws errors, open command prompt and type the following commands
- Then restart IIS( you can use "IISReset" command in command prompt)
- Restart the machine if it asks for